Thursday, April 9, 2009

Can You Hear Me Now?

Our little Mason isn't really the talkative type. In fact, I consider it a good day if I can get him to say "Mama". After lots of run-around & whatnot, we thought we'd get his hearing checked. He failed the hearing test three times. Turns out his cute little ears were full of fluid & that's why he's not talking much yet. The doctor said it's like us trying to master Spanish with our ears plugged... a bit challenging to say the least. We took him to the hospital this morning and he had tubes put in both ears. He's a bit worn out, of course, but all went well.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm so glad you guys got his hearing checked! Can't wait to hear about how he reacts to hearing everything afterward! It will be a new world to him! Devin had tubes placed in twice when he was a child! Love the pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! He will be doing so much better in no time. Sweet kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture is a CLASSIC! Love it. Hope that he is doing OK. Keep us posted on how he is doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you got a picture! He is adorable! I'm sorry you had to do that but I am so grateful you are so attentive and cought things early!! Good luck with the recovery, you guys are such great parents!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Buddie! Yeah, we went through all of that with Ashley- it is so frustrating. I hope he is doing better. Love the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Erin - that poor little guy. I'm so glad you got it figured out, but it breaks my heart to think he's been having such a hard time hearing. That picture is SO darling!

    ReplyDelete

Glimpses of wisdom: