Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Day

Today was Dylan's first day of Kindergarten. He has to wake up a lot earlier than he's used to. I was worried that he would want to sleep in, but he was awake bright and early this morning! He was so excited that it was finally time to go to school! His teacher's name is Mrs. Kerr and here are some highlights of his day:

* Sitting on the big rug
* Watching Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
*Putting his picture up on the coconut tree
*P.E. in the big gym where he learned all about the fire drill.
*Learning some Spanish. He told me "Buenas dias" when I picked him up.
*Playing with a new friend named Braden.
* Having a snack
The best part of all? RECESS of course!

I was so happy when Dylan finally agreed to let me walk him to his class, but apparently it was too much for him when I tried to hold his hand. Moms can be so embarrassing. I held up fairly well though, and made it without crying.

4 comments:

  1. Dylan has to be the cutest kid I have ever seen.. seriously... you have to keep making babies.. I'd love to see what a girl would look like! Congrats little school mom on being so brave.. dropping off your son to the big new school! I'm glad he had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ths picture of Dylan, he look sooo big! I'm proud of you for not crying, we will see how I hold up for the first day of preschool when BOTH of my boys are off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and I thought I chose a fairly uncommon name... hhmmph...Mom was telling me everything he said about school last night on the phone! I'm glad (and I'm sure you're especially glad) he's doing so well with school! {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dylan is such a darling boy. He's going to be a heart breaker. Can you believe you have a kid old enough to be in Kindergarten? I'm already in shock that my little Kenzie will be starting school this time next year.

    ReplyDelete

Glimpses of wisdom: