Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Night Owl

I'm one of those Moms that rarely gets disturbed if the kids climb in my bed at night. I know, GASP! I sometimes end up kicked out of my own bed. Just clear a space for me, I'm not picky. There's a lot of bed-hoppin' going on at our house. For the most part, Mason is a good sleeper except for when he's sick. He's got a little cold now, so he had the hardest time going to sleep last night. I have no problem holding him and even letting him snuggle in my bed next to me when he's not feeling well. Usually that calms him right down, and once he falls asleep, I take him back to his room. Well, I brought him in with me last night and I was the one who fell asleep. A few short minutes later I woke back up because I thought I heard little baby feet pitterin' around down stairs. Sure enough, the little munchkin escaped from my bed. When I saw what he was doing, I just had to sit on the stairs and watch for a minute. Keep in mind, this all happened at 3 in the morning. He was running laps around the kitchen and living room just as fast as his little legs could handle. It was so funny. I've never seen him run so fast and he just did not quit. He was crawling underneath the table and then running in circles around the bar. He'd run over to the front door and slap it as hard as he could. Maybe that was his finish line. He did this 10 times! I'm wondering if one of his brothers spiked his sippy cup.



Focus on the kid, not the mess. Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. That is sooo funny! I love love love your kids. I am totally fine with sharing my bed with my little one too. It drives Travis nuts and he usually ends up on the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! Boys are great aren't they? We had just moved in to our home recently and were becoming friends with the neighbors. Hayden-then 4-was getting in the habit of waking at 2 or 3 in the morning and putting in a cartoon. Well one early morning he came in my room to ask me something and I was in Addie's bed helping her sleep. He thought both Bryce and I were gone so he went to the neighbors house, in the middle of the night, in the snow, to get some help. He probably just needed his movie changed or something. So the neighbors here crying and screaming outside their front door and kindly take care of him. Too bad Bryce sleeps like a log and had no idea of what was happening and I didn't know because I was asleep with Addie. Crazy days we are living in right now huh?

    ReplyDelete

Glimpses of wisdom: