So I went grocery shopping today with all the boys. Wait, it gets better. I always write out my list in order of the store to help speed things up. Our first stop is usually the bakery. They give out free cookie samples and that keeps the boys occupied for at least 2 aisles. Well, Logan is my big helper, my Mr. I -Can-Do-It-Myself. While I was picking out some good green peppers, he decided he was going to go ahead and push the cart. Good idea, except he can't see where he's going! He crashed into a display of Herbal Tea and Cajun Chicken Marinade. Yeah, weird combo, right? The herbal tea wasn't a huge deal, but the marinade... Luckily, the bottles were plastic, but being bottles, they were of a curved nature. About thirty bottles of marinade rolled in thirty different directions.
So, I was wondering, do you have a grocery store nightmare? Something your kids have done, or heaven forbid, something you did when you were little...
11 years ago

Myles likes to yell "ouch mommy!" I seriously hate grocery shopping
ReplyDeleteRight now my girls love the whole shopping thing. But I have a 2 yr old and she has started the trantrums when we stop the shopping. She doesnt like it when we have to leave the store. We are in trouble!
ReplyDeleteI CAN'T STAND GROCERY SHOPPING IN THE FIRST PLACE ADD KIDS TO THAT AND IT ABOUT PUSHES ME OVER THE EDGE! ONE TIME I WAS IN OLD NAVY WHEN THE BOYS WERE LITTLE AND KORBIN WAS SITTING IN THE CART I OF COURSE WAS LOOKING AT SOMETHING AND KEATON DECIDED TO STEP ON THE SIDE OF THE CART WHICH OFF BALANCED IT AND TIPPED THE WHOLE CART OVER WITH KORBIN STILL SITTING IN THE SEAT WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry! Here at our grocery store, they have these nifty little carts that have tv's in them. Grant loves it because he can watch cartoons and I love it because it keeps him occupied. I wish you luck on your next trip!
ReplyDeleteShopping nightmare #1:
ReplyDeleteGo to pick up Kristy from Kindergarten, but Kristy is already on the bus, drive home to get Kristy off bus. Drive to McDonalds, Order, receive 2/3 of order. sit down, realize 1/3 of order is missing, go back to counter, get filet of fish and return to seat to find that Kelson has dumped my 32 oz and it's running down the bench. Run for napkins to damn (yes I meant that) the brown river. Look back to see filet of fish flying through the air. Kids have finished eating and want to go to the outside play yard. I Foolishly grant permission and return to order another filet of fish. while ordering, I see Karley running in with THAT LOOK on her face. Kelson has squeezed through the bars and is on the state street sidewalk, The only thing holding him out of the traffic is Kristy's death grip on his forearm.
Leave McDonalds, order filet of fish at drive through. Go to Nuttalls.
Shopping Nightmare #2:
Arrive at Nuttalls, Kelson wants to play in play area. I foolishly give permission and look for my items. I look over my shoulder just in time to see the pattern display teeter and fall shooting patterns every which way. I realize that there isn't a fence built which will keep Kelson confined. While I am cleaning up the patterns Kristy and Karley visit the restroom. Karley comes running out with THAT LOOK on her face...the toilet is flooded. It's one thing to clean up your own toilet overflow but a public bathroom?!? I Pack the kids in the car without making a purchase (I didn't want to leave any evidence, a.k.a. a check, which they would use to prosecute for parental stupidity at a later time. Go to Fred Meyer.
Shopping nightmare #3:
Unload the kids at Fred Meyer, pick up a few necessities including a prescription. Kristy and Karley inform me that they hadn't actually used the toilet at Nuttalls and they still needed to "go". Foolishly I give them permission to use the ladies room alone (I was at the checkout right by the restrooms). As I was filling out the check, Karley comes running out with THAT LOOK on her face. Yep, another flooded toilet. I started laughing hysterically...like a mad woman as I see the water seeping under the door. I loaded the kids in the car and hit the road before the authorities could catch me.
I asked Kristy what happened this time and she said, "there was a note on the toilet that said, 'Out of Order' but by the time she sounded it out, Karley had already flushed it 5 times.
Good times, GOOD TIMES!